We’ve been open now for just over 18 months (HOORAY!), and we thought it might be helpful to post some answers to various questions that have come up recently.
- Why don’t you sell products at BabyLove? – We get this a lot. We have a couple of reasons. Our main reason is that we feel that it would take away from our education if we also sold specific products. So, for instance, when we teach our Cloth Diaper and Babywearing class, we know it might be really easy to then have the different carriers and diapers to sell right there, but we pride ourselves on having classes that discuss various products without making recommendations that we would profit from. Also, parents are inundated with the message that parenting is about having “things”, and education just isn’t the same if it’s wrapped in a marketing pitch. When you come to us, you’ll know FOR SURE that we get absolutely NO compensation from any company, and our integrity isn’t up for sale.
- Why don’t you do an evening Mama Cafe?- We did try evening Mama Cafe for awhile, but it didn’t really catch on. We are always looking at new ways to serve our community, though, so stay tuned– we’re cooking up some new ideas!
- Why don’t you have a Refresher Class anymore?- As a result of ridiculously low interest, we felt there were better ways to use that time on our class schedule. We realized there was a need for something closer to a “crash course”– so we created the Condensed Childbirth Prep Class. For families who really just want a Refresher, we still have it as a private class. We’ve had a good number of 2nd and 3rd time mamas take our Lamaze classes, too, and we love having them there to share their experiences with new parents.
- What happened to your VBAC class?- We still offer it, but as a private class.
- The weather is really bad! How will I know if class is canceled?- We’ve already had an interesting winter, but we’ve only had to cancel class once and Mama Cafe once. If a class is canceled, we will email or telephone everyone in the class to let them know. If Mama Cafe is canceled, we will try to spread the message via social media. Whenever in doubt, call or email us.
Any other questions you want answered? Let us know!