On Monday, we continued our monthly series of presenting a Featured Family from BabyLove. We heard from Beth; today we will hear from Chris. If you are a BabyLove family and would like to be featured, let us know!
- So far, what has been your biggest joy in becoming a father?
I think it is what most fathers find the biggest joy, just being a father and having a small baby that smiles and laughs for you.
- What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced since your baby was born?
The biggest challenge has been sleeping and time management so that Beth and I are able to do the things around the house that need to be done while taking care of the baby and ourselves.
- How has your relationship with your wife changed since the birth of your baby?
I don’t feel our relationship has changed. At least not enough to notice. If anything I try to be more comforting and helpful around the house so that she can get time to relax and sleep.
- Did you feel that your childbirth classes prepared you for birth? How so?
I do feel the classes we took through BabyLove helped us prepare. I was more comfortable with what was happening and felt I could make actual contributions to help Beth.
- What is one thing you think all parents should know before the birth of their baby?
The best relationship I have found with my child has been spending as much time talking , playing, holding, staring, and generally being around her as much as possible.